Choosing Your Name Online and Protecting it
Your domain name is the first thing people see, even before they see your website.
So choosing the right domain name to suit your business and branding is critical.
This is something we’ve helped countless businesses do and in some cases their domain has become more synonymous with their business than their original company name!
Here are are top tips when choosing a domain name:
- Try to keep it less then five syllables
- If you can, avoid using hyphens
- Try to make it easy to spell and type (and remember!)
- Check if other businesses are using similar domains
- Remember your domain name doesn’t have to be your company name
- It may be more appropriate to use a domain that mentions your products or services
- If possible register both the .co.uk and .com domains
- Do consider other tld’s (Top Level Domains) beyond .co.uk and .com
Managing Your Domain Portfolio
Whether you have just one domain name or one hundred, it’s critical that they’re well looked after, renewed on time and are all pointing to the right place.
You can register your own domain, or we can do it for you. If you have an existing domain we can also transfer it to our domain management for you.
If things like configuring Name Servers, DNS, IPS, A Tags, MX Priority, CNAMEs or Text Records are all a bit too complicated for you – don’t worry, our expert team will look after all the domain name configuration for you and ensure it’s all working smoothly and is correctly registered in your name and will be renewed for you without you having to lift a finger!
All our care plans include Domain Name Management.